ads.txt is a text file that contains information about the ad seller (such as AdSense) who you have identified as authorized. This is extremely recommended to put an
ads.txt file in your root directory to avoid a severe impact on your revenue. If there's an issue with ads.txt on your site, you'll see an alert in your AdSense account. To prevent severe impact to your revenue, follow the relevant steps below to fix the issue.
In this article, you will learn to fix the ads.txt file issues so that it can't impact your revenue.
Create an ads.txt file for your site
- Sign in to your Google AdSense account.
2. After sign in successfully click on
site option form the menu bar.
3. After clicking on the site option you will see an option
create an ads.txt file for 1 site. Click on the down arrow to expand the dropdown.
4. Click on the download button, an
ads.txt file will be downloaded.
5. Upload your ads.txt file to the root directory of your site. The root directory of a site is the directory or folder following the top level domain (yourdomain.com/ads.txt).
After successfully saving the
ads.txt file in the root directory of your website you will be able to access the file at
yourdomain.com/ads.txt. To validate the fixes type the URL
yourdomain.com/ads.txt in your web browser and check if the file is opening or not.